PLEASE READ INFORMATION BELOW. AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE IS THE LINK TO REGISTER ON-LINE.
You may also register at the FCCJC office at 6740 Antioch during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
Where do the events take place?
- All regular season games are held at Heritage Football Park located at: 16240 Pflumm, just south of 159th on Pflumm, in Olathe, KS
- All basketball games are played at public schools throughout Johnson County
- All FCCJC-sponsored camps, clinics and competitions are held in Johnson County
How much time is required?
- Most Areas and squads hold mandatory parent meetings
- All cheerleaders must attend Area uniform fitting to purchase a uniform
- Cheer is a team sport and regular attendance at practice and games is very important
- Practice days and times vary by squad
- Practices may not begin prior to coaches attending the FCCJC Coaching Seminar, the first being held in May
- Squads typically start meeting/practicing in June or July
- Practice becomes mandatory August 1st
- Football games start in September and run through mid November
- Basketball games start in December or January and run through the end of February
- Parents are required to provide transportation for their cheerleader
What is the average cost?
$60 for Kindergarten thru 3rd grades
$90 for 4th thru 8th grades
A $20 late fee will be added to registration fees paid after April 15; June 15 is the final deadline to register for cheerleading.
- Uniform/accessories/area dues generally cost between $200 and $300 and vary by Area
- Fundraising is available to help cover the cost of uniforms and accessories
- Most Areas do offer some used uniforms at reduced prices
- Practice facility fees, if any, are divided evenly between each cheerleader
- Some squads choose to go to optional camps, clinics or competitions and costs vary
Who are the coaches?
- Coaches are all volunteers
- All coaches are required to submit to a criminal background check
- All coaches are required to attend an FCCJC Coaching Seminar
- If interested in coaching, please complete a Coach Application and/or contact your Area Director for more information
If you have additional questions, please contact your area director before registering your child to participate.